Friday, October 22, 2010

Laptops for All

I am excited to use all this technology that I am learning about in my future classroom.  Computers are a major part of convenient technology.

We can have our dream classroom where ever student has a laptop available to them, but is that a reality?  In the school district where I grew up, it is not.  Our libraries had maybe thirty computers at most; enough for one class at a time.  I am also worried about computers at home.  I would not feel right giving computer work or research homework to students who do not have computers or Internet access at home.

India is working on a tablet that would cost $35 or less.  If this inexpensive technology would be available in the US, technology access would be very easy.

NPR has a short article about the tablet.  "A $35 Tablet? India Is on the Case."


Image: Bin im Garten

No comments:

Post a Comment